When it comes to making hotel reservations, 82% of travelers research hotels on their mobile devices (Tnooz).
As mobile device usage grows, it’s more important than ever that hotels are telling their story on a mobile-optimized website.
Last week, I hosted a webinar, Mobilizing Hotel Storytelling to Reach Travel Shoppers, where we learned how hotels can best use mobile devices to enhance the travel shopping journey.
Adam Anderson, Director of Industry Relations at Expedia Inc., kicked off the discussion by exploring:
- Why it’s vital for hotels to create a multi-screen traveler experience
- How mobile bookings differ from PC bookings
- Suggestions on using mobile strategically
We were also joined by marketing expert Shannon Pratuch, CEO of Scene Marketing Group, who shared some very specific property insights from the perspective of the Jupiter Hotel:
- Why you should make digital marketing a priority
- Reasons for investing in great photos and videos
- How to write compelling stories for customers and the media