The travel shopping journey is one of the most complex digital landscapes. Travelers are inundated with a multitude of resources when researching hotels, especially in the 45 days leading up to a purchase.
Between organic search, OTAs, meta search, review sites and social media, it can be difficult for hoteliers to stand out. That said, by understanding your clientele, observing your property critically and building a unique, authentic web experience, your hotel can cut through the noise and increase bookings.
In our recent webinar, “Strategies to Thrive in Today’s Complex Travel Shopping Journey,” Alan Young, President of Puzzle Partner, and Greg Bodenlos, Brand Marketing Manager for The Charles Hotel and HSMAI Leader, offered insights into how to differentiate your hotel online to demonstrate value to travel shoppers.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- The importance of content marketing and storytelling when influencing travel shoppers
- How to use reviews and reputation management software to create an authentic website experience
- Tips and tricks to integrate your social media experience with your website experience
- How user generated content (UGC), in particular visual content, drives website engagement
- Ways to uncover what makes your property special, regardless of property type
If you couldn’t attend the webinar, you can watch it on-demand here.