Based on the research, hotels of all sizes and star ratings are spending a LOT of time on sales and marketing activities – but they aren’t seeing the results they need from their property website. It’s clear that hotels need to find unique ways to differentiate themselves from the competition, so they can drive more direct bookings with their website.
In our recent webinar, “5 Best Practice Tips to Drive Direct Bookings,” we looked at 5 best practices to help drive even more direct bookings, reduce your dependence on OTAs, and ultimately drive more revenue. We were joined by our own Sarah Clanfield and Darlene Rondeau from Leonardo.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- How to give travel shoppers what they want and make it easy for them to understand why your hotel is the right choice. They want to “see” what’s unique about your hotel, they want to “see” your rooms, and they want a deal!
- The future of digital is visual storytelling; this isn’t surprising when you consider that we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text and 90% of information that gets transmitted to our brains is non-verbal.
- Why social proof is extremely important. Social proof includes things such as reviews, user generated content, awards, third-party certification, and other evidence that others are booking.
- 81% of people abandon travel bookings online. One of the most important keys to avoiding this is optimizing your checkout process.
- It’s predicted that this year, 52% of travel bookings will be made on mobile devices. With Google’s algorithm change, mobile is a must, so your website needs to tell a consistent story across desktop, mobile, tablet and other devices.
Don’t miss out on more insights on this highly relevant topic for hoteliers. Watch the full webinar on-demand here.