Inspire and Convert with Video: Learn how B.F. Saul does it
B.F. Saul Company uses video to drive online sales conversions for their portfolio of hotels
The B.F. Saul marketing team is a master when it comes to merchandising their hotels online. That’s because they tailor their hotels’ online experiences to how people shop for hotels by merchandising them in an engaging manner with video content that elicits excitement, consumer confidence, and most importantly, bookings.
The B. F. Saul Company’s portfolio includes full service, select service and extended stay hotels in airport, urban and suburban markets and includes first class brands: Intercontinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Hilton.
They are always finding ways to use video to enhance their marketing campaigns and drive more conversions. “We experienced a 30% bump in bookings after we went from no video to video. We found our sites became better, more efficient and stickier and we experienced more revenue per site visit after we launched video,”1 says B.F. Saul’s Director of E-Commerce, David Attardi.
Here are some of the ways that they use video:
– Syndicate it within their VBrochure Multimedia Viewer to traditional travel sites (Yahoo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, etc.) and specialty, media and niche sites (Frommer’s, OneWed, etc.).
– Syndicate it through VBrochure to social media and video sites (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
– Display it on their hotel specific websites, brand sites, social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and landing pages for marketing campaigns (Google ads, emails, linking partnerships, etc.).
– Use it offline at the property (guest rooms, lobby, etc.) and for sales presentations (client pitches, trade shows).
Attardi’s advice to other hotel marketers: “Don’t be intimidated. Start trying things. It’s easy, it’s fun, it’s effective.” Video works! And when done right, it works well. It gives you a chance to communicate more effectively and ensure you’re connecting with travel shoppers.
B.F. Saul subscribes to VBrochure Ultra Premium for each of their hotels, which includes customized Multimedia Viewers displayed on thousands of traditional and social media channels. For more information about VBrochure visit http://vfmleonardo.com/vbrochure.
|Learn how VFM Leonardo’s VBrochure Online Merchandising System can help you drive sales by leveraging the power of video and putting more information at travel shoppers’ fingertips like B.F. Saul. Contact us for a personal one-on-one webinar with an online merchandising sales consultant.|
1. VFM Leonardo Webinar, Using Video to Engage and Interact with Online Travel Shoppers, June 24, 2010.